Why should we hire you?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
This is one of the types of HR interview questions for freshers that is bound to come in every company you face an interview with. One of the most liked questions by interviewers, this allows them to understand how you rate yourself. More importantly, here they judge if you are aware of the things you are good at, and if there is anything you know you can improve about yourself.
However, a smart thing that many interviewees do, in order to appear more appealing, they try to showcase their weaknesses as sort of positives. Let’s take a look.
My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed. I’m not afraid to take on a difficult client or do a project that nobody else wants because those are the clients and projects that teach me the most. I typically love to work outside of my job description and do whatever is asked of me. I'm not above any single task, and I take great pride in my ability to step in and adapt to any situation to get the best results for the company.
I tend to want to take on complete projects all on my own without any outside help. In the past, this caused me to experience unnecessary pressure and stress. One specific example was last year when I was responsible for planning our annual event. I tried to do everything on my own, from the most substantial decisions like the venue to the tiniest things like organizing the table settings. I was so stressed leading up to the event, and I narrowly pulled it off. This taught me to take a step back and analyze when I need help. After that experience, I am trying to teach myself how to ask for help so I can keep my sanity. I've also found a team of people can produce a better outcome than one harrowed person.
I consider my strengths to be:
- I am a good communicator which has helped me take on leadership roles in my college.
- I am a keen observer acutely aware of people’s problems and their strengths.
- I flourish when I work with a team that is given a particular task to be done within a specified time period.
- I am a quick learner and go out of my way to ask questions to better my understanding.
- I try to always be a positive influence on people and spread joy around me.
For my weaknesses,
- I am a perfectionist and am obsessed with attention to detail.
- In order to exceed fast, I end up taking more responsibilities than I can handle.
- I thrive on feedback on my performance. If I don’t receive them, I sometimes miss my mark and get drifted in the way I’ve been working.
"My strength is my flexibility to handle change. As customer service manager at my last job, I was able to turn around a negative working environment and develop a very supportive team. As far as weaknesses, I feel that my management skills could be stronger, and I am constantly working to improve them."
When confronted with this interview question, remember the interviewer is looking for a fit. She/He is forming a picture of you based on your answers. A single answer will probably not keep you from getting the job. Put your energy into your strengths statement—what you have to offer. Then let the interviewer know that although you may not be perfect, you are working on any shortcomings you have.
Thankyou for Visiting. Let me know if you have any suggestion. Also you can comment if you want to get Information on any Particular Topic.
Post a Comment