It's Obvious that all computers will experience slower speeds at some point. As software becomes more demanding, the way in which your PC reacts to these changes can have a big impact on its performance. The operating system you have and whether you have chosen to upgrade to Windows 10 can also make a big difference.
While you can upgrade your laptop to make it faster, there are some improvements you can make that are more convenient and easier to do. These small tweaks might not seem to speed up your computer's performance, but combined they can help keep your PC running for years to come.
There are also several types of software available that can help you get rid of old files when looking for apps that you don't use often and might want to uninstall. These programs may also alert you to files and software that may be slowing down your computer and may be worth removing when finished. Here are seven ways to improve overall computer speed and performance.
1. Uninstall unnecessary software
- Remove them from your Computer & Free up disk Space.
- Go to Control Panel & Uninstall all unnecessary apps & Software.
- To access Task Manager press Ctrl+ Shift+ ESC.
- A box will appear as shown in Image above, will tell you amount of RAM used by each app running on your PC.
- To make an adjustment, just right-click on the application you want to change to tell it not to run until commanded.